Assistant Learning & Development Manager
The Address Downtown is a destination where cool meets warmth, and style meets sophistication. This vibrant five star flagship hotel redefines luxury, hospitality and business travel.
Are you a talented Assistant Learning & Development Manager? Do you have the required experience? Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career within an innovative and genuinely caring atmosphere? Are you a person who has passion and desire to delight, who dares to be different, who is always 100% and believes in “Yes we can”?
Then, be part of our team and discover the power of belonging, we are looking for people just like you!
Purpose: Assisting in managing daily operations of the Learning and Development functions. Managing course scheduling, course completions, training supplies and troubleshooting systems issues. All duties have to be performed in accordance with Learning Assistant Director, in accordance with the Hotels policies, practices, and procedures.
- Facilitate both supervisory and line-level curriculum to the standards of Learning & Development
- Assist in identifying learning and development needs within Address Downtown through job / needs analysis, performance appraisals and regular consultation with Department Leaders and HR Management
- Assist in overseeing the effectiveness of subject matter expert facilitators for line-level courses through one-on-one coaching and skills development ensuring effective classroom delivery
- Partner with Assistant Director/Manager of Learning & Development in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all career path, upward mobility, succession planning programs & initiatives
- Partner with Assistant Director/Manager of Learning & Development in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all core curriculum to be delivered to associates of Address Downtown
- Partner with Assistant Director/Manager of Learning & Development in the training and implementation of departmental Standard Operations Procedures
- Manage relationships with External Partners / Vendors / Educational Institutions
- Facilitate bi-weekly Learning Coaches meetings
- Oversee attendance and course completion requirements and take appropriate action to achieve 100% compliance with all required Learning Experiences
- Assist in the research and development of:
- Need analysis to identify appropriate learning solutions and course objectives
- New training and learning programs and learning platforms
- Consulting with subject matter experts to build effective learning programs
- Consulting with Department Trainers and Department Leaders, as necessary, in the development of division-specific learning designed to promote upward mobility
- Partner with the Assistant Director/Manager of Learning & Development to revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment or Organizational Strategy
- Create and manage marketing/communication pieces to promote development opportunities offered by Learning & Development
- Assist in managing the development, facilitation, and documentation of all learning evaluations and ROI studies to assist in demonstrating effectiveness of Learning and Development initiatives, and course delivery.
- Complete additional projects with the approval of Director of Human Resources / Assistant Director/Manager of Learning & Development
- Support Human Resources as needed at Associates events
- The desire to uphold The Address Hotels philosophy of "One size fits One", by treating each individual guest and their requests in a timely, professional and friendly manner
- The commitment to grow and develop with The Address Hotels brand
- Bachelor’s Degree required (or equivalent experience in Hotel Operations, Food and Beverage, HR in lieu of formal education)
- Hospitality experience in a 5 Star hotel or resort preferred
- 2 years supervisory experience required (preferred within Learning and Development or the Hospitality field)
- 3 years adult learning facilitation experience required
- Excellent command of English Language: (Read, Write, Speak)
- Firm understanding of adult education theories & principals
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of Instruction Design models, i.e., ADDIE
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Share Point Services
- Ability to perform under pressure while managing multiple deadlines
- Enthusiastic and pleasant personality
EMAAR HOSPITALITY GROUP LLC
Emaar Hospitality Group LLC, the wholly owned subsidiary of Dubai-based global property developer Emaar Properties PJSC, manages the company's growing roster of hospitality and leisure projects.